We're halfway through our swim lessons for the summer. Savannah is absolutely loving it! She has learned so much and I'm quite impressed that she can even attempt to do the Butterfly and Freestyle strokes. The Breast stroke is by far her favorite and best stroke.
She is certainly becoming a little fish.
Melanie had a rough start. She was really quite scared. So even though she would go out and do the strokes with her teacher, she would sit on the step and cry when it wasn't her turn.
She did much better her second week and has become really good at floating. She was even brave enough to jump into the pool all by herself today, without her teacher holding her hands. Really quite an accomplishment.
Spencer also got to tag along the past 2 weeks. He enjoyed just being outside and getting fed a bunch of snacks. He loves being in the water, but never complained that he never got a turn.
I also had to pack a sandwich and snacks for us and the girls when they weren't swimming. Both girls have enjoyed getting to swim with their cousins.
And I'm really glad that this current session of lessons the girls are in the same class and we only have to sit outside for a 1/2 hour!
She is certainly becoming a little fish.
Melanie had a rough start. She was really quite scared. So even though she would go out and do the strokes with her teacher, she would sit on the step and cry when it wasn't her turn.
She did much better her second week and has become really good at floating. She was even brave enough to jump into the pool all by herself today, without her teacher holding her hands. Really quite an accomplishment.
Spencer also got to tag along the past 2 weeks. He enjoyed just being outside and getting fed a bunch of snacks. He loves being in the water, but never complained that he never got a turn.
I also had to pack a sandwich and snacks for us and the girls when they weren't swimming. Both girls have enjoyed getting to swim with their cousins.
And I'm really glad that this current session of lessons the girls are in the same class and we only have to sit outside for a 1/2 hour!
3 comments:
That's nice that they are in the same class! I'm really impressed with what the girls can do! That is pretty good :)
I can't even do the butterfly. Impressive Savannah. Sorry I haven't relied to your email. It has been a crazy month for us. I would love for you to come here any time. Please come!!!
Those swim lessons look fun! I'm hoping to be able to find a place to take Owen for swim lessons in Sept (we'll be in AZ all of Sept). Do you think people still offer lessons then?
Post a Comment