Monday, April 7, 2008

Book Tag

I'm usually pretty good at not getting tagged on other people's blogs. But I figured that I'd give in and just do it, since Robin tagged me fair and square.

To complete this tag you must:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog


Actually, this was quite the little task. The closest book to me is Old McDonald had a farm, which definitely doesn't have 123 pages.

So I picked up the 5th Edition of Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. I don't' even know where this book came from. But, page 123 has a bunch of examples of phrases, and there are only 3 complete sentences on it.

Then I got out Jon's Bar Review Book - BarBri: Arizona. But surprisingly there are no page numbers on this enormous book. It is only divided up into numbered sections that are very long.


So here it is. Attempt number 4! Principles and Standards for School Mathematics. I actually really enjoyed this class, because it talked about how people (mostly children) learn and understand math. And now for page 123, sentence number 5:

Students frequently describe the changes in numbers or the visual patterns as they move down columns or across rows.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

So fun! I'm gonna do this one! I love the books you've got!

Melanie said...

how fun! I have that APA book, hope I never have to use it again. :)

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog! :)