Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sleepy Baby

Last night, Melanie became quite traumatized when Jon brushed her teeth (and not mommy). She cried for a couple of hours before we got her to sleep and then she woke up early this morning! We took Savannah to preschool and then went shopping. On our way home from the store, she pretended to fall asleep. However, she could hardly keep her eyes open! So I played along with her and brought her in the house and laid her on the couch. She fell asleep within about 30 seconds! Poor baby, she was just so tired! Then I had to load her back up in the car about 8 minutes later and go and pick up Savannah. She slept the whole time, until we got back home. Savannah was quite surprised to climb in the car after school and find Melanie asleep! I'm just glad that her 20 minute cat nap didn't completely ruin her regular nap!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I hate it when their sleep cycle is messed up! I'm glad Melanie's wasn't!!

I want to see pictures of your cute belly!!!!! (Ah, the funny things we say to pregnant women!)

elizabeth said...

She is getting so big. It is so funny that she was traumatized by her dad brushing her teeth, Lydia is exactly the same way.

Sar said...

Hey Kristy,
I found your blog through Shelci's! Isn't blogging fun? I love keeping in touch this way. Your family is adorable! My blog is private, but if you want, I'll send you an invite. . . just email me! saralynallen@hotmail.com

Tanya Leigh said...

Alright! I'll have to tell Coy that Brityn's not the only one who goes nuts when Mom's not the one to help w/ certain things that, apparently, only Mom can do ;) He'll be relieved!

Amy said...

Too cute! Naps are a good thing. (But not staying up so long!) Yikes! Guess you get to brush her teeth from now on.