A few weeks ago, we went with my family out to Usery Pass Park. It was early evening and so I went with the kids over to a little playground that they have out there.


My mom made some beans and dutch oven biscuits. They were so good! We also roasted marshmallows and had smores.
I made a handful of banana boats and we had some peach cobbler to celebrate Andrea's birthday! 
We had a great time and so did the girls. It was about as close to real camping as we're going to get for a little while (or maybe a long while)!



My mom made some beans and dutch oven biscuits. They were so good! We also roasted marshmallows and had smores.
I made a handful of banana boats and we had some peach cobbler to celebrate Andrea's birthday! 
We had a great time and so did the girls. It was about as close to real camping as we're going to get for a little while (or maybe a long while)!
8 comments:
looks SOO fun! I don't think I've ever been there.
Fun! Your girls are too cute. Looks like they enjoyed it. How are you feeling?
Kristy I am so glad I found your blog. The trip to usery pass sounds very fun! Congrats on the pregnancy.
I'm feeling much better these days. No more morning sickness...which is wonderful. I still get tired though, which will probably last the whole pregnancy. But I'm doing really well.
That's so fun! I need to know how to get there, I was wanting to take the kids out there this week too! haha. Could you point me in the right direction??
FUN, I feel bad that we missed it, but it looks like Tate had a great time. Thanks for watching him.
To get to Usery Pass: Go North on Ellsworth, past McDowell. There is a large sign and entrance on the right hand side (the east) of the road. I think that it cost us $6 to get in. Here is their homepage: http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/usery/History.aspx You can use it to find maps and where the park and picnic areas are. There are also hiking trails, like the Wind Caves, out there.
Post a Comment