Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Annual Haunted House

My mom does a little Haunted House every year. She has kids in the neighborhood come and paint different scenes on large refrigerator boxes, and then she puts the boxes up along the side of her house. Then the kids dress up and act out something in the room that they painted to either try and gross you out or scare you.
(These are from last year.)It is a tradition that we've had for a long time. Probably the only year that she didn't do it was the year that Jon & I got married! If you live in the neighborhood, then you've probably seen her large signs advertising for it - especially the ones out in front of the Jr. High. It is going to be Tuesday and Thursday nights (Oct 28th & 30th) at 7-8:30 pm. Admission is 50 cents. There will be hot dogs, nachos, pop, and this year my mom wants to do smores. It is geared more toward the younger crowd, usually kids under 12 or so, but all are welcome. I'll probably be there the entire time both nights. I usually get roped into taking money or helping with the food. I'd love to see any of you come by and get into the Halloween spirit. Savannah loved it last year and is so excited about it again this year! If you need the address or any other information, just give me a call, or leave me a comment and I'll email you back.

4 comments:

Robin said...

what a fun tradition. I love it. We will try to come by on Thursday night since Justin has his team meeting with Jon tonight. Thanks for telling me about it.. it would be fun to experience.

Laurie said...

How fun! If we come on Thursday, that'll make five straight days of Halloween-ing for our kids!! :D

Kasey said...

I'm super excited to go! I forgot last year till it was too late.

Tasha said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. I miss your mom's haunted houses. I have a lot of great memories there. We probably helped at least three years or more. That is a great tradition. I can't believe she still does it. Good times!