Friday, August 1, 2008

Mel-Bell's Birthday (AKA: Party #1)

We celebrated Melanie's 2nd Birthday a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe that she's already 2! My family threw her a fabulous Strawberry Shortcake Party! My sisters spent lots of time decorating for it (instead of taking their Sunday naps). I loved the little cupcake tower and the Strawberry Shortcake figures that they added to the top of some of them.

Of course dinner was great! Melanie got to wear this stylish hat that my youngest sister made for her.The cake and cupcakes were yummy. Melanie did actually lick the cake right before we lit the candles. She wasn't too sure about blowing out the candles, so Savannah gave her a hand. Melanie had fun playing Pin the Nose on the Clown. She wasn't sure exactly what she was doing, but she enjoyed it.She got a number of gifts. Some of her favorites included a new Strawberry Shortcake movie, a small doll house, and a Spider-Man shirt (which she quickly put on).Thanks everyone for making the day so special for her!

Happy Birthday Baby!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Melanie!!!

Lisa said...

Strawberry Shortcake was my favorite theme when I was a kid.

What a cute party!

Laurie said...

I LOVE Strawberry Shortcake!!! (Of course, my kids do, too!) They always have good messages on the movies, and they're almost always modest! Love it!

Happy Birthday Melanie!!!