Sunday, November 22, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

For those of you that have been dying to know how I've been feeling, well here it is.

Mostly, I've been tired. Melanie is such a little angel to just sit and look at books or color or watch a movie and let me nap. Rarely has she actually joined me, but she always lets me sleep and I don't have to worry that she's getting into trouble. Unfortunately, I've been so tired by 9:30 that I've fallen asleep while the kids watch cartoons. However, Spencer is not so nice to me while I'm napping and is usually trying to wake me up during those times.

I'm also starting to feel a little bigger. None of my regular pants fit comfortably, so I don't even bother wearing them. I drug my box of maternity clothes down. Luckily I organized it very nicely last time and was able to just grab a few pairs of pants off the top and so they are keeping me happy for now. I really do dread when I have to make the full switch to maternity clothing. Although it is fun to see some of my old clothes again that I haven't worn in a while.

Nausea is never fun, but has always been a part of my pregnant life. I have felt very blessed to not toss my cookies everyday or even close this time. I have had a number of very miserable points, mostly every evening. But I have actually been able to think of things that I would be willing to eat, lots of refried beans this time, and then keep it down. So far, I've only lost it 3 times, which is a great record for me. I used to be happy if I only lost it 3 times each week, but I'll take 3 times in total for this time around. Since I am now at 13 weeks, I'm hoping that the nausea ends soon. I know that Jon hopes so too, so he doesn't have to stay up and do the dishes every night. But I love him dearly for it and it really has helped me keep it together in the morning.

The girls are excited for a baby. Savannah says she wants it to be a boy, because she loves Spencer. Melanie was insistent that it is a girl and wouldn't let me talk of the possibility of having a boy; however, after listening to Savannah talk about having a boy a few times, I think that Melanie may have been won over to the boy vote. As for me, I'd love to have another boy so that Spencer could have another little guy to play with. He's only a year and a half and he's already rougher and tougher than Melanie by far! I think that he tackles/clobbers her at least once, if not more, on a daily basis. Of course, we'd all take a little girl in a heartbeat! You can never turn down a little sweet thing! Savannah is already asking if the baby is kicking and if she can feel it. I informed her that she's going to have to wait a while longer for that.

So that is the low-down on us. We're managing and hanging in there, some days better than others, but we're all still alive. Thanks for all of the love and concern!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I've had nausea but no throwing up this time around. But I honestly wish I could just throw up sometimes! I think nausea all day long is awful.

I'm glad Melanie lets you rest. Victoria's been good with that, too! It's like they can sense when you really need them to be calm. It's nice! :)

Tanya Leigh said...

Congratulations, Kristy!! Wow, how quickly we forget all the nausea and tired fun... wait, I'm still tired. ;) Here's hoping you're over that hill and onto a good, strong 2nd trimester!