Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just Hanging Around

Yesterday evening we were headed out. Spencer is usually the first one to dash into the garage, if someone will open the door for him. Savannah was kind enough to let him out and then she went out and climbed into the car. I was right behind them and opened the garage door as I came out. Spencer is quite fascinated by the garage door and how it magically opens, so I don't usually worry about him taking off and running out into the street. So I opened the front door of the car and threw my diaper bag into the passenger seat. I turned around in time to see Spencer hanging from the garage door just as it was about to reach the top! It scared me half to death and I dashed over there. Luckily, I got there just as he lost his grip and came falling down. I didn't totally catch him, but I snagged his arms just as his feet were hitting the ground. So I minimized the impact and kept him from falling over. It scared him enough to make him cry a little bit, but otherwise I think that he might have enjoyed it. I was also kind of impressed that he hung on for as long as he did. I'm curious if he learned his lesson or if he'd try it again if the opportunity presents itself. Ah, the joy of raising a little boy!

7 comments:

Kim and Adam said...

If only you could freeze time and take a picture. That would be some picture! Thank goodness you saw him when you did.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry, but I was laughing so hard. That totally takes me back to my childhood.

But, I'm glad he's okay. Kids love that door.

Amy said...

They love to give us a scare now and again! So fun that you got to go to Disneyland for 4 days! How nice! I kept getting envious as I was reading all of Jon's Facebook posts while you were there!

Laurie said...

Wow, talk about scary!

Maria said...

Okay, that totally made me laugh. Sounds like a Spencer thing to do...

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Holey Moley! Craziness!

I got to see your sweet Savannah at the haunted house last night! She's so growing up!

Tanya Leigh said...

Way to go Super Mom! Wow. ScarY! Shyre actually tried that a few weeks ago as we entered the in-law's garage... but I was right there, so it wasn't so bad.

You really earned some super-points with this feat, Kristy! :)