I have an aunt and uncle that live in Snowflake and I haven't been up to visit them since Savannah was a baby. So I decided that we would stop there on our way home from New Mexico to try and break up our trip. The weather was wonderful and we had such a great time. Savannah got to ride my cousin's horse, Spliff. She totally loved it!
Melanie was forced to also ride and cried the entire time. She later claimed it was fun, but wouldn't do it again.
I was surprised that Melanie really wanted to hold their baby goose though. Savannah liked the goose too and it kept following her around, to which she said, "I'm not a mommy goose!"
The kids also loved jumping on the trampoline. I just loved the how green everything was and the cool weather.
I also took the kids over to see the Snowflake Temple. It was so beautiful outside and we all loved it.
Melanie loved the waterfall and all of the pretty flowers.
Spencer just wanted to get into everything...the dirt, the water, anything he could. Luckily, Grandpa followed him around and kept him out of trouble.
Savannah was a little disappointed that she didn't get to go inside, but she still really enjoyed walking around the outside.
As a quick side story, Savannah stopped to look at a bug and so I stopped with her. My Dad and sister took the other kids ahead and when we turned to go and catch up with them a snake had come out of the shrubs onto the sidewalk! It totally scared me and so I grabbed Savannah's arm and pulled her up onto the planter. The snake took a look around and decided to go back into the bushes. It was yellow with black stripes. Needless to say I was a little paranoid about the pretty flowers after that.
Here's Melanie touching the temple, like President Monson told all of the children to do!
And I need to tell Sarah thank you for riding with me all the way to New Mexico and back! She made this trip possible, since I did it without Jon. The girls loved spending so much time with you!
And here's me and my Meli!
Other highlights of the trip included playing dress-up with cousins.
And of course, roller skating in the house. Who could ask for more fun than that?
We all loved it and only wished that Jon had been with us.
Melanie was forced to also ride and cried the entire time. She later claimed it was fun, but wouldn't do it again.
I was surprised that Melanie really wanted to hold their baby goose though. Savannah liked the goose too and it kept following her around, to which she said, "I'm not a mommy goose!"
The kids also loved jumping on the trampoline. I just loved the how green everything was and the cool weather.
I also took the kids over to see the Snowflake Temple. It was so beautiful outside and we all loved it.
Melanie loved the waterfall and all of the pretty flowers.
Spencer just wanted to get into everything...the dirt, the water, anything he could. Luckily, Grandpa followed him around and kept him out of trouble.
Savannah was a little disappointed that she didn't get to go inside, but she still really enjoyed walking around the outside.
As a quick side story, Savannah stopped to look at a bug and so I stopped with her. My Dad and sister took the other kids ahead and when we turned to go and catch up with them a snake had come out of the shrubs onto the sidewalk! It totally scared me and so I grabbed Savannah's arm and pulled her up onto the planter. The snake took a look around and decided to go back into the bushes. It was yellow with black stripes. Needless to say I was a little paranoid about the pretty flowers after that.
Here's Melanie touching the temple, like President Monson told all of the children to do!
And I need to tell Sarah thank you for riding with me all the way to New Mexico and back! She made this trip possible, since I did it without Jon. The girls loved spending so much time with you!
And here's me and my Meli!
Other highlights of the trip included playing dress-up with cousins.
And of course, roller skating in the house. Who could ask for more fun than that?
We all loved it and only wished that Jon had been with us.
2 comments:
You are pretty brave to travel with out your Hubby. But glad you guys survived. My sister lives in Eagar so we drive thru Snowflake often, I love the little town and the weather.
What a fun trip it sounds like you guys had. I love the picture of Savannah sitting by the water. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment