Friday, July 10, 2009

Other June Happenings

The kids and I met up with some friends at the Arizona Museum for Youth last month. I had a good time getting out and visiting with an old friend. Savannah also had a great time playing with new friends and of course getting to go to the museum. Spencer also enjoyed playing in the little play area in Artville, at least for a little while. Melanie kind of had a rough time though, which required us to have an early exit. That same day we also went back Downtown and ate dinner. The Family Fun Van was there for a little ice cream social and so the girls colored pictures and Savannah got a butterfly painted on her face. We also got to have an ice cream cone while we listened to a live band. I think that the music was a little too loud for the kids. But other than that, we had a great time. One Sunday, Savannah decided that she wanted to make me a flower petal necklace. We went out front and picked one of our dying Gerber daisies and she made me a little necklace. It was a little tricky to figure out how to glue a petal to some yarn, but the end result was very thoughtful and cute. I also got to wear the flower in my hair! Oo-la-la! Melanie also made herself a necklace and I thought that she looked even cuter with the flower. Jon and I also got to take Savannah and two of my sisters to a book signing. Jon and I have previously been to an unsuccessful book signing (when I was pregnant with Spencer). The wait had just been took long and we had to leave. But this time we were successful! This is Rick Riordan. He is the author of the series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I got Jon the first book for Christmas and since then we've read the entire series of five books. We really enjoyed the books and would recommend them to anyone that enjoys a little adventure and fantasy, especially if you're interested in Greek Mythology. Savannah and Natalie were also excited that we let them do the face (or arm) painting. Savannah got a mermaid and Natalie has a pen turning into a sword, both things are in the books. I also had to show off these nice little patriotic stars that I made at Enrichment. I'm not the most crafty person and so I'm always glad to have a little project turn out so cute. And lastly, I just had to share that we have been doing the Summer Reading Program though the library. I've never taken the girls to the library before and they were sorely disappointed to find out that we didn't get to keep all of the books. But we have been doing a ton of reading! The girls have also enjoyed going and getting their prizes at the library. Here is one of Savannah's prizes: Wiki Sticks. I thought that she was pretty clever to spell our names out. So we've been having plenty of fun and I hope that you enjoyed our random June happenings!

2 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Savannah ? Kindergarten! That just kills me! I talked to Lynn Larsen and her granddaughter Hannah is also starting! Yikes ! My nursery kids are growing up so fast!

Sassy said...

Your kids are so dang cute! Can you believe it.....how fast they grow...Look out Kindergarten! What fun times....they come and go way to fast...