Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I want to be a grown-up

Shortly after Savannah got in trouble yesterday, she came to me and said, "I want to be a grown-up now." I told her, "But I like you being my little girl." Her response was, "But I want to be a grown-up so I don't be naughty anymore. And I'll always still be your little baby." I thought that she was so sweet. I know that she really does want to be a good girl, but sometimes she gets a little wound up and that seems to affect her ability to listen. I love her so much though. She is such a good big sister and I'm not ready for her to be grown up yet. And I thought it was really funny that she thinks that grown-ups are never naughty. If only that were the case!

9 comments:

Kim and Adam said...

Hailee tells me all the time that she wants to be a Mom, because it is alot of fun. If she only knew that I wish I was a kid sometimes. I agree too, I am not ready for her to grow up.

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

That's so funny! I too wish they could stay little forever! I have wished on many occasion that I was a kid again with no responsibilities, but then I wouldn't have my cute kids. I guess I'll have to stick to being a "good" adult!

Sassy said...

Boy oh boy isn't that the truth...I think it was easier for me to be good when I was younger...I so love the way children think...they are too cute. Yours are ADORABLE!

Robin said...

If all grown ups were always on good behavior what a world this could be! Cute Savannah!

Cha said...

Adorable! :)

James and Erin Joseph said...

Growing-up is so bittersweet! I always want Brynna to share and be nice and "be a big girl", but I get so sad when I realize how fast she's growing! You're kids are so darling! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Cassandra said...

Oh that's so sweet!

Unknown said...

I miss Savannah! She is such a CUTIE!!!

I'm excited to get working on your clock! Thanks for the order!:)

Robin said...

it was great to see you guys last night. I think it is sweet that your girls thought their grandfather was going to be resurrected on Easter.. its good that they understand as much as they do, even if they don't understand the timetable of it all! They are so cute. I like the new picture you have of you on your blog. Hope to see you guys soon. Next time, lets go to Disney Land together:)